Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pay Day

I got paid today!

It is not much but I am not unemployed, and I am needed.

Recently I talked to my cousin in Mexico City, he inspired me.

Today is the deadline also to assign grades. Here they are:

Ma. del Carmen Albarrán Onofre 10
Christopher Hernández Román 10
Edith Tomás Sánchez 9
Edson Baltazar 7
Eduardo Aburto Astudillo 9
Elizabeth Solís 9
Petra Salmerón Merino 9
Hidelia González Díaz 7
Hilda Areli Acevedo Gallardo 8
Jazmín Lavin Castañeda N/P
Jesús Salvador Organista Jaimes N/P
Lidia de Jesús Cortes 10
Sabino Pacheco Gutiérrez N/P
Sahid Bernabé Catalán. 10
Salvador Soto Cerros 10
Sergio Maggi 10
Verónica Chávez Muñoz  9
Víctor Castro Chino 10
Jonathan Molina 7
N/P means fail, the scale is from 0 to 10. The American grade system corresponds more or less to this table:

10 A
9   B
8   C
7   D
6  D-
Anything below is F.

To pass students had to keep a blog, and produce a pdf document using [;\LaTeX;]. Videos and PowerPoint presentations were also required. We had a debate, and several presentations.

The students learned new skills, I am satisfied.

The achievement level of students in Guerrero is very low in mathematics, I believe the group of people I work with is motivated to solve this hard problem. While I am here I will help also.

My cousin is unassuming and smart, he is a little older than me, and we are neighbors in Mexico City. I know other family members that are wealthier, but unfortunately more full of themselves. At the end we all go out the same way we came, with nothing; all that remains is whatever impression we left in the souls of those that knew us.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews