Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dark Materials and Roberto Bolano

"The secret story is the one we'll never know, although we're living it from day to day, thinking we're alive, thinking we've got it all under control and the stuff we overlook doesn't matter. But every damn thing matters! It's just that we don't realize. We tell ourselves that art runs on one track and life, our lives, on another, we don't even realize that's a lie.""

Taken from:

Wikipedia

Bolaño had it right!

In  previous posts I describe how we look at the minority materials. The majority of what exists is dark. I even have a poll I haven't closed yet, because this fact has not been digested by my readers, and I believe most people alive today don't understand it yet. I just found out that Andrew Lange killed himself, and he was instrumental in measuring the dark materials.

We are minority materials. We only see the top of the iceberg, there is a whole ball of who knows what, that makes everything happen, and we don't have a clue about its nature. Even my son's Dusty Forensicator puppet show, posted below, has an absurdist plot that I am not sure if he himself understands. He told me that one classmate in his high school, is following my blog. I felt very, very honored. I started writing this blog for my very smart high school students at Glenbard East High School in Lombard, Illinois. I felt I was not getting them interested in Physics. I taught Honors and AP Physics, I had the best students in that school, and I felt that I didn't reach them. This blog, Relevant Science, was started for them; therefore I really feel honored that one of my son's classmates is following me here.

 Lange and Bolaño, rest in peace; I hope we will keep looking for the meaning of the dark materials, both in the Universe, and in our minds. Very likely they are more important than we think, and yes: "We tell ourselves that art runs on one track and life, our lives, on another, we don't even realize that's a lie."

I hope someday we stop believing this lie, and look at reality as it really is; as the Wachowski brothers also showed us in the Matrix trilogy.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews