Tuesday, February 09, 2010

CIA on US Campuses

Today in Democracy Now! I watched Prof. Price. He brings up a very old problem.

After 9/11 the US society decided that the separation of intelligentsia and the Government was dangerous. The Government was not ready, was taken by surprise. The alien came and hit an unaware society.

I cannot make a sociological treatise on this subject. I am not a Social Scientist. Nevertheless I have an opinion. Opinions are cheap, right?

I am against this move of the CIA to US campuses.

Separation of labor? I don't know which is the best argument, one very dear in my neck of the woods is Autonomy. I work at the Universidad Autónoma de Guerrero. Autonomous University of Guerrero. Here we have the opposite problem. Here in Chilpancingo there is no scientific advise I am aware of, to the Mayor on environmental issues. For two days it rained dogs and cats last week. Several people died, and others lost their very badly built houses. He could take advantage of some university advise.

Be that as it may, in the US case, there are antecedents. The US is an Emprire. They have Afghanistan and Iraq under military occupation. One million dollars are used every year to keep every American soldier in those countries. That is wrong. The US system is broken. They need intelligent people to tell them to stop wasting money, not to advise them on how to waste more money like that.

I guess the CIA is not going to ask my expert opinion on the proper relation between college campuses and the Government.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews