Sunday, May 23, 2010

If Oil is Getting Harder to Get, Why its Price is Constant?

In my naiveté two years ago I came back to Mexico to make a good living and keep my kids at school in the US. Of course mine is only one case, I'm sure that there are smarter Mexicans and foreigners that came to Mexico the same time I did, and are doing better than before they came.

In any case, my question has to do with the Real World. If the main Mexican oil well, Cantarell, already peaked, why is Mexico still selling its oil around seventy dollars a barrel?

My answer: The World is not driven by scarcity only. In this particular case I do not know why they are not selling this endangered resource at least at one hundred dollars a barrel. My guess is that somebody in the Mexican Government, or Pemex, the Mexican oil industry, which is the same thing; must be getting a big pay off. This way, the rest of us do not get more money.

Oh, well.

Oil well?

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews