Sunday, May 30, 2010

Miguel de Icaza

I have been following this Mexican creator of Gnumeric, the free SpreadSheet, in Twitter. Tonight all of a sudden he starts tweeting about the Gaza Blockade by Israel.

I guess I am not the only Mexican, that cares about math, and the world. Of course he is famous and I am not. Mexico has been attacked several times during the past two hundred years, so it comes naturally to us, to feel sympathy for invaded peoples. Judging by the US media, one gets the impression that nobody invades anybody anymore. Neverhteless since the end of WWII, diaspora Jews started to go back to the Middle East.

Palestinians feel invaded, and tonight a flotilla of friends of Gaza is being attacked by the Israeli state. As a formerly invaded Mexican, that looks to me as an injustice.

Maybe my readers know which country invaded Mexico last. I am not going to tell you, go to Wikipedia.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews