Friday, May 15, 2015

I know the type

I just read an article in the NYT about Bitcoin.

The bigger question brought up by this article in my mind, is whether or not, is it possible to be great without anybody knowing it?

There is a genius, Yitang Zhang, who solved an important problem in number theory, without anybody knowing of his important work, until he published it. I mean he was not in an Ivy League university, but in the University of New Hampshire. There is Srinivasa Ramanujan, who wrote to professor Hardy in England and was discovered. There is my friend, Raúl Herrera Márquez, who out of the blue, wrote an important Mexican History book, La Sangre al Río, that engages the late History Professor, Friedrich Katz, from the University of Chicago.

Let me tell you something, they were always extremely intelligent.

The question is then: How come nobody knows about them?

I leave that question open, but I know the type.


No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews