Friday, June 02, 2006

Last day at school

I am at school waiting to be picked up. On Monday I will not be coming back. This is how I feel: I met intelligent teachers, staff, and students. I am glad I worked here. There is something holy about a place where people care about learning and teaching. There are the leaders, obviously more able than the rest, and the rest of us.

But, there is always a counterpoint. I did not find a community of like minded people to grow intellectually here. They are not keeping my services, and I myself am not sure about my desire to stay. We parted in good terms, both with the students that loved the grades they got, and the faculty on staff, that were welcoming all along.

I am afraid I was more interested in sharing my passion for physics, than in actually making sure EVERYBODY got it. Even though I taught to three classes of gifted students, not everybody was equally interested in physics. I fail insofar as not making the subject interesting to all.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews