Thursday, July 07, 2011

Guillermo González Slighted

I don't have the privilege to know Guillermo personally. He has been kind enough to answer my e-mails. Today I saw his University of Washingtom mentors, Brownlee and Ward, in a History Channel program The Universe.

They mentioned the very important idea of  Galactic Habitable Zone, which I believe owes something to Guillermo, but they did not mention him!

Guillermo has been slighted by the scientific community because he believes in Intelligent Design. I am agnostic, so who am I to chose between both beliefs: There is an Intelligent God, or not?

I hope the situation is not as bad as I am imagining it.


Gonzalez, G., Brownlee, D., and Ward, P. (2001) The Galactic Habitable Zone: galactic
chemical evolution. Icarus 152:185-200.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews