Wednesday, October 03, 2012

How Do People Learn?

At the end of the day, all the teaching and learning tools, end up with knowledge correctly learned, incorrectly learned, or completely forgotten. I believe that relevancy plays a big part in this process. My children were home-schooled part of their lives. Maybe their social development was affected. It didn't help that one of them was already thirteen, when we came from Mexico!

I am very proud of both my children, and I myself have some trouble relating to people. I basically keep to myself, learning and learning all the time. I am even taking an Artificial Intelligence (AI) class at edX.org

How do we learn?

I am impressed with the AI class from UCBerkeley. Besides the video and audio provided, there  are transcripts appearing at the same time. Then there are quizzes, and there is a midterm coming.

I am teaching an Introduction to Astronomy class:[website].I am using Pearson's, Mastering Astronomy website also.

As I see it, there is no substitute, so far, to asking a student: Why did you answer this way?

I will start today, with that old Platonic way.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews