Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Organic Molecules on Mars!

I can see the future.

One of my best students thirty years ago is hosting the Alice collaboration in Puebla, Mexico. I knew he was good, and he has proven it. My brother also excelled, and I knew it. He recently got a prestigious award by the City of Mexico, the Heberto Castillo Prize.

Today the NYT announces that Curiosity found important facts in Mars (below). I have been reading Paola Caselli, and Cecilia Ceccatti's, review on "Our astrochemical heritage", also the book by Jacob Berkowitz, "Stardust Revolution", I know now how common  life ingredients are in space, from water to sugar.

Given that, are there civilizations in the Universe?

If you count ours as one, the answer is yes. Nonetheless I do not expect NASA to announce anytime soon, that kind of a discovery.

It is interesting that a Christian from Texas, started the Origins Project, at NASA. Go figure.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews