Monday, May 08, 2006

Cosmology and Elementary Particles

I started my studies on Theoretical Physics with Quantum Electrodynamics. I believed that experiments are the best guide for theoretical speculations. I am surprised though, by the pace of advances in Cosmology in the last thirty years. The Hubble space telescope and other satellite based instruments have increased our knowledge of the Universe tremendoulsy. Now we know that the electron and the photon of my initial studies comprise less than one percent of all the stuff that fills our Universe.

Presently I am reading "The View from the Center of the Universe" by Joel Primack and Nancy Abrams

http://currents.ucsc.edu/05-06/02-27/primack.asp

I have changed my mind, there is much to learn, without using only Earth bound accelerators.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews