Friday, May 19, 2006

From Research to High School

I worked for eighteen years as a physics professor at the Benemerita Universidad Autonoma de Puebla in Mexico. I had a few stints as a software engineer and part time college instructor in Illinois. Now I am teaching physics in high school, also in Illinois.

I did not publish enough to work in research. To this day I spend time following research work in physics. The work as a teacher requires effort, and I have to find a happy medium, I am afraid that sometimes I do not achieve that happy medium. It is good that I follow current research so I can interest my students to consider a scientific career; sometimes though I feel I could do more to help the students that are struggling with their physics work.

Maybe I should strive to be a human being, not a researcher, or a college professor, or a high school science teacher. From certain distance my predicament seems amusing.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews