Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Global Economy Local Employment

I live in Illinois, I have read Tom Friedman's "The World is Flat". I buy his idea that technology makes workers compete worldwide; but I do not know how to make a living in the new world.

In the new economy knowledge is more important than in the old economy, I went to school until I was thirty years old, but I feel that people with less schooling and more connections are doing better than I am.

Part of the reason is that I am more concerned about the concept of information, for instance, than how to use information to make money. I will keep trying to figure out a local employment solution to the global landscape open to me, if I do find a good business, first I will take advantage of it, and then I will post it in this blog.

1 comment:

Eduardo Cantoral said...

Ricardo:

I submitted your article:

http://digg.com/hardware/Maria_Estela_Godinez_gets_a_full_scholarship_for_Tec_de_Monterrey

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews