Friday, April 13, 2007

Ramiro Humberto Cajas Cantoral (1918-1980)

This is my father's given name. I made a Google search and nothing came out on him. I am adding this note to the noosphere to remedy that oversight.

My father was a great man.

His untimely death at the age of sixty two years, put an end to what could have been a good life.

He left his country, Guatemala, at age eighteen. He felt he had to go. He entered Mexico without papers, he got his papers later on, and made a life there. During War World II he came to the United States through the "bracero" program. At some point he went back to Mexico to get married to my mother and planned to bring us all here. That was not to happen. I am the only one that made it here.

He was a poet and a dreamer, and a man of high moral standing. At a young age he decided that he was not going to believe in angels walking on clouds. He used to tell us kids that humans had gone out of the atmosphere and to the Moon, and no heaven was found. He had to see objective proof of religious beliefs before he jumped into the bandwagon.

Well now, as far as I know, this is the only note on my father on the noosphere.

November 29, 1918 - December 7, 1980.  

5 comments:

Mary said...

Beautiful tribute to a great human being. I was privileged to meet your father.

Eduardo Cantoral said...

Remembering him always.

Mary said...

❤️

Mary said...

You and your siblings were very blessed with him and your mother. What a legacy ❤️

Eduardo Cantoral said...

Happy birthday dad!

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews