Monday, September 24, 2007

Alan Greenspan, Naomi Klein, Amy Goodman, and Jeremy Scahill

Today Amy Goodman in Democracy Now interviewed Alan Greenspan. I wished I felt better after I heard Greenspan's own defense. I do not.
Naomi Klein also helped in the interview. Mr. Greenspan sees the issues brought up, I understood, as a matter of opinion. I felt that he does not share my deep concerns about a collapse in chaos produced by his and Milton Friedman's libertarian ideology.
I want to believe them, Friedman and Greenspan as intelligent economists, not as con artists trying to kill most of us by either producing or taking advantage of "useful" disasters.
At the end of the program Mr. Scahill reminded us and illustrated how the mercenaries in Iraq are helping to bring this catastrophe.
What Greenspan sees as populist politics, defined by him as concern in the short term, and not the long term, I see as the right of workers to request just payment. Today the General Motor workers began their first walkout since 1970.
Who is right, libertarians or the rest of us?

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews