Sunday, December 02, 2007

Mexico and the US

I posted below two pieces from the New York Times, one is from Mexico the other from the US.

Luis Mandoki makes movies in Hollywood and Mexico. They did not want to distribute his documentary about last year's election in Mexico, because powerful people there were against it. The film is doing well as you can read in the article.

Tom Friedman is an astute observer of the World. I enjoyed his very well received book, The World is Flat. Nevertheless there is something that I don't like, he is not in tune with the feelings of the Third World, as Mandoki is.

It is interesting to me how your place of birth affects your worldview so much.

I admire these two people and only wished they were closer politically.

Both are doing a very good job though.

The man I really admire in the movie industry is Edward James Olmos. He participated last week in the first Chicano Film Festival in Mexico. He is both a Mexican and an American citizen. I truly identify with him.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews