Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Bernanke Offers Bleaker View on U.S. Economy

It is official today. What we suspected all along is recognized today by the chairman of the Federal Reserve.
People like me find out about these terrible developments when it is too late. This time I was more fortunate. The high school I was working for, decided more than half a year ago not to hire me last September. First I was disconcerted and did not do much to get a new job in the US. Finally some fortunate events allowed me to consider work in Mexico again. I asked some scientists there and was surprised to find out that there were jobs there. If I can navigate some bureaucratic obstacles I should be landing in Mexico City on Sunday.
The sad news Dr. Bernake had to deliver today are not going to affect me as much as they would have done if I stayed in the US.
Yesterday I found out that Brazilians in Boston, and Irish in this country are again looking to go back to their homelands, where things seem to be improving.
There seems to be light at the end of the tunnel for me. I hope it stays that way.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews