Thursday, August 07, 2008

Geoffrey F. Chew

This UC Berkely Professor believes that:

"number theory may eventually render non-arbitrary the integral ratio of spacetime-slice width to path step. Particle scale would thereby, like path step, become set by the trio of universal parameters G, h and c, whose values Planck realized do not require ‘explanation’."

I do not yet understand what Professor Chew is saying. I know that he has looked into the conundrums of particle physics longer than I have. Nevertheless I also believe that number theory has something to tell us about why the world is as it is.

For me the main problem of Physics today is to explain stability. Why in a Hydrogen atom is an electron always moving around a proton and never going inside the proton? To say that that is forbidden by Quantum Mechanics, is philosophically a poor practice. What is first stability, or Quantum Mechanics?


No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews