Friday, September 19, 2008

Pawns

I've been thinking about my friends at Lucent and myself.

The big wigs got other challenging opportunities. Carly Fiorina, a rising star during my tenure at Lucent, went to become Hewlett-Packard CEO. She failed. Now she is advising John McCain, I hope she fails again, but the point here is that my friends and I didn't land those high paid positions. I for one, went from bad to worse; now I am happy teaching math, but not wealthy by any means.

We are pawns to the kings and queens; and do you know what? I don't envy them. I'll blame those heads of industry and finances for the mess we are in.

Paul Krugman (below, Crisis Endgame), like always explains to us simple mortals, the big mistakes the big wigs have made.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews