Friday, July 08, 2011

In Support of the Phenomenologist View

My quest for the study of Information in Physics, at this point hovers around the concept that Theoretical Physics is phenomenology. Note below.

I am not an essentialist, holding on to the belief that somewhere there to be found, are the true laws of Nature. Once found, we will know everything there is to know in Physics in an extreme form of reductionism. All we have to do, is to find the smallest particles, the strongest forces, and calculate everything in Physics.

No, I do not believe this. My decision to enter the field of Fundamental Particle Physics, was based on this wrong belief.

I feel I will die a skeptic. All I am allowed to know, are the best phenomenological fits to data, my ingenuity, together with the best mathematics software there is, Mathematica, allow.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews