Monday, June 11, 2012

Coffee and Alcohol

I do not drink alcohol, but my grandfather did. My father resented that very much. I have dear friends that take more alcohol than they should. I do drink coffee.

My Guatemalan father grew up on coffee, and they, my father and mother, gave us coffee when we were growing up. When I was eighteen I decided to stop drinking coffee, I thought that there were not enough nutrients there, and I did not need the pick-up effect. Lately I have been getting into the habit of drinking coffee. Yesterday I drank so much, that I did not sleep. I took a nap from early morning to now.

Dozing off a few hours ago, I had a strange feeling. The exhilarating effect of coffee had disappeared, and the weakened state of half consciousness, made me anxious. I am unemployed right now, and bills are past due.

My friends who abuse alcohol are a warning for me. They could do more than they are doing or have done.

There is an interesting article on stimulants in the NYT. I posted it here.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews