Saturday, June 23, 2012

Good Riddance, Mexico?

Of course not!

All my family lives there. Only my immediate family is with me in the US. I hope that AMLO begins to cure a sick country.

First of July is the election.

There are three main candidates, one is Enrique Peña Nieto. He represents the worst of Mexican past, his party killed students in 1968, I was spared because I was lucky, or maybe I had guardian angels I did not even know about. Other candidate is Josefina Vázquez Mota, her party is well intentioned but ineffectual, they had twelve years to prove themselves, and "Shorty" Guzman is still in control of big swats of Mexican territory. My candidate is Andrés Manuel López Obrador, he should be given a chance to cure my sick country.

BTW: If you want to know what is happening in Juárez, read 2666.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews