Friday, June 22, 2012

Sacco and Vanzetti

I just watched an Italian movie about a well known case of American justice in 1920. In Mexico I heard about this case through a Joan Baez's song, and political documents which blamed the American justice system of blatant bad intentions against these two Italian men.

My reaction now is different. In Mexico they cannot even get Shorty's son, the Navy might have gotten the children of other drug dealers.

With all its extreme biases against these two immigrants, the American justice system of 1920 seems more advanced than the present Mexican one.

I will hate though, if somebody wrongly accuses me, and I end up in jail. Professor Mlodinow just published a book; Subliminal which expresses strong opinions against basing a judgement on witnesses' memories. At least one in four are wrong.

Who is innocent, and who is guilty; and more importantly: How do we know?

Right now Julian Assange is in London, inside of Ecuador's Embassy.

Will he be punished for publishing secret documents in Wikileaks?

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews