Thursday, December 21, 2006

New Year

Three hundred and sixty five days, means as much as one thousand years, nevertheless we choose to pause and consider, how are we doing?

We just passed one millenium mark a few years ago. On this part of the world, the birth of Jesus Christ is important for us.

One thousand years, though, is as meaningful as 999, or 1001, or actually any number in between. Nevertheless here are my thoughts on this year that ends December 31.

I came in contact with many adolescents during this year. Some very intelligent and responsible, some not so much. With many I did not have the influence I wanted, they did not study physics or mathematics. Here I will write some actions that may help me next time around.

o Tell them what to do when

o Tell them why they should do it

o Get so involved in my work with them that they will start to wonder why

I am sure countless of teachers have thought of countless of ways to pass human knowldege to the next generation, but as far as I can see, we will keep doing this for as long as we are around. I hope we will be around for more than one thousand years.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews