Thursday, October 30, 2008

Day of the Dead

Next week we will have the Day of the Dead memorial in Mexico.

I think of my father, who died in December and was born in November. Now that I an in Chilpancingo I also think of two cousins that are buried here. I went to their tombs the other day, and laid some flowers: Cempasúchitl, beautiful yellow flowers we use to remember our dear people that died.

I am still at school, and the children, I mean the students, are having a ball downstairs, I wonder how much they understand death; for that matter, I wonder how much I understand death.

As a good friend wrote a few days ago: We know that life comes one day, and leaves another.

A friend´s wife almost died this week, she had a heart attack. She is recovering.

Professor Krugman explains in his column today how the consumers decision to stop spending could be bad news. I posted three bad news from American companies reported by the NYT today.

The only thing that lifts me up, is the very good chances Democrats will be back in the White House next year.

So it goes. Life goes on, until it doesn't.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews