Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Money Trips

A trillion here a trillion there, nowadays we see these big fluxes of capital all over the World. Tom Friedman writes today (below) how the leaders of Iran are worried, very worried. I am worried about the economy of my own country, Mexico; it seems that President Felipe Calderón, had some money saved for a rainy day that is coming handy. He recently announced the construction of the first Mexican oil refinery in many years; to create jobs, and to rationalize Mexico's economy.

It is comforting to find out that Iran's mullahs are worried, and Mexican neoliberals are performing. But I still wonder if some influential money hands in the US, England, and other financial centers in the World, are behind these convenient problems in Iran; if it is so, I am afraid they'll just turn out to be sorcerer's apprentices, that like Micky Mouse in Fantasia, will just land us in deeper financial crises.

I hope not. I guess, in five to ten years, maybe even less, we'll find out what came out of all these money trips.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews