Saturday, December 06, 2008

Taking Stock

During the last month of each year we try to make sense of our lives.

I will start with the easy parts and move on to the "heavy" stuff.

I am happily using Ubuntu 8.10, so far so good.

I will get a bonus, not for the full year but it is something.

I started using Python and TeX.

I am writing the much promised, to myself, Discrete Mechanics proposal for high school.

An explanation for the dark matter seems in sight, through the Axion (Freivogel), and a measurement of Planck's time seems to be in the net. (Craig Hogan).

That is the good part.

The bad part:

Mexico's peso is going down the drain, two cousins just died. Guerrero does not have a Physics Department.

Summer of 2009 casts a black shadow, as worrisome as the 2012 end of the world "prediction, based on the Mayan rocks".

Where will I be in the next few years?

I am determined to keep working as hard as I can, and make sure my kids make it beyond my time on this Earth.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews