Sunday, August 29, 2010

Abraham Maslow

In Wikipedia you can read:

``Born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, Maslow was the oldest of seven children. His parents were uneducated Jews from Russia. He was slow and tidy, and remembered his childhood as lonely and rather unhappy, because, as he said, "I was the little Jewish boy in the non-Jewish neighborhood. It was a little like being the first Negro enrolled in the all-white school. I was isolated and unhappy. I grew up in libraries and among books." He would pursue law, but he went to graduate school at the University of Wisconsin to study psychology. While there, he married his first cousin Bertha in December 1928, and found as his chief mentor, professor Harry Harlow. At Wisconsin he pursued an original line of research, investigating primate dominance behaviour and sexuality. He went on to further research at Columbia University, continuing similar studies; there he found another mentor in Alfred Adler, one of Sigmund Freud's early colleagues.''


Prof. Maslow represents what I write here.

He had unmet needs while young; eventually he wised up and got the resources he needed to enlightened humanity.

Here in Guerrero I see many people that didn't even grew up physically. They are short. Obviously Mexicans are not destined to be short. One of the first things I noticed in 1973 in California, is how tall my relatives and their friends were. Obviously something was amiss down here.

The first time coming out of the MBTA Harvard Square subway station, the ``faces'' of pedestrians struck me. Most of them were thinking, I know the look.

It is not an accident that new companies spring out around Palo Alto, California and Cambridge, Massachusetts, and not Chilpancingo, Mexico.

These things are obvious when you see them first hand.

I am Mexican, and my mother was from Guerrero, but for these, and other reasons, I do not want to continue here; lately I've being planning my exit.

There is a link to my CV here. Also on the side panel you can find it under Links. I prefer the Chicago area, and a salary starting at $20,000.00 a year.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews