Monday, June 11, 2012

Emotions

From Leonard Mlodinow's book Subliminal, I get the impression that we know at least two points of view. One ancient an intuitive, subliminal, and the other modern and conscious. The first is linked more with emotions. If I feel anxiety, is because I subconsciously know that something is wrong. If I fill in the blanks correctly, and produce a coherent story, I feel better.

The eye's architecture produces blind spots, we fill them and then we feel well. A sound track may have parts missing, we fill those too. What unsettles me more, is that the whole reality we construct may just be the best approximation we can produce. There could be ghosts breathing down my neck I am not aware of! That is creepy.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews