Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Meteorite Hunt

NYT

“All it takes is looking carefully,” said Sasha, who was out searching after school on Monday. “The stones are in the snowdrifts. To find a stone you find a hole. And then you dig.”


When the school bus pulled up Monday afternoon, children shot out and scattered over the snowy fields.
After Sasha, a boisterous girl in a maroon jacket and tan checkered pants, found the small pebble in the snow, she said she intended to “save it for my own children,” but quickly reconsidered. “I will sell it for 100 million euros.”


“Now I have snow in my boot,” the little Russian girl confessed, but added: “I’m used to the cold. I like the cold. I grew up in the cold.


“I don’t mind it at all.”

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews