Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Borders

States define themselves through borders. For instance I've been in the Mexico-US border. The first time I saw it, I couldn't believe my eyes. The US was so beautiful, in contrast, my country looked ugly. I was not aware of how ugly, until I'd seen the American side more carefully. Of course there are ugly places on this side of the border. Nevertheless, as you can see in Acemoglu's book, Why Nations Fail, all in all, life is better on this side.

Material conditions usually don't interest me. I am more of an idea person. Nevertheless, now that my immediate family is on the US side, I feel grateful. It just happened, different events put me where I am now. Waiting for Thanksgiving day, for a turkey cooked by my daughter.

Life is good!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews