Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Amalia Hernández

Today I woke up to a doodle in google of Amalia Hernández, she was born on September 1, 1917. Over a hundred years ago.

This recognition by Google, reminded me that Mexico is here to stay, no matter what others say.

I am a proud Mexican living in the Chicago suburbs, and as of today, I am not planning to move. I feel as a scout for my family and my people. I have to make it.

Borders are a fact of life, but life is too big to be constrained by borders.

September is a special month for Mexicans. At dawn on September 16, 1810, the priest Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla called people to arms. New Spain had to be independent of Spain, and become Mexico.

This huge continent has been populated by humans for more than ten thousand years. There are remains and artifacts all over the continent, and today with the Internet, we are getting more and more communicated throughout the Americas.

Tribalism is NOT the way of the future!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews