Monday, April 24, 2006

Memeland

The word came to me while I was writing one of these posts. Then it occurred to me that somebody must have used it before. I googled it and there it was; memeland exists.

My contribution to the term is:

digg.com and google.com help us navigate memeland, and as the great Spanish poet Antonio Machado wrote:


http://www.los-poetas.com/a/mach1.htm


Caminante, son tus huellas
el camino y nada más;
caminante, no hay camino,
se hace camino al andar.

Al andar se hace camino
y al volver la vista atrás
se ve la senda que nunca
se ha de volver a pisar.

By walking on memeland using digg.com or google.com, we make a path, a path in culture, and a path in our minds. Those paths, "caminos", are our minds in memeland.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews