Monday, August 11, 2008

Xalitla

San Luis Acatlán, Santa Cruz del Rincón, Xalitla, Xochistlahuaca, and Cuajinicuilapa.

These are the locations of UNISUR (Universidad Intercultural de los Pueblos del Sur). Yesterday I went to the official ceremony for the land grant, by the Government of Xalitla. Something like six acres.

They fed us and several children from the Upper Balsas Region in Guerrero State performed. Initially they will start up classes at the Carlos Darwin Junior High School building in Town next month.

The State of Guerrero is not financing the effort, but it seems to me that if the people of Xalitla really want a University Campus, they'll have one.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ask me to teach there, first though, somebody from around here has to pay me.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews