Saturday, October 11, 2008

Intellectuals

Intellectuals are paid to think. They may be college professors, government advisors, think tank members, and whatever other imaginative positions, intellectuals may invent to get paid.

In return whoever pays, expects results: Ideas.

I am paid, maybe not to write about so many thinks as I write in this blog, but there are expectations that I will have ideas to move ahead Mathematics Education.

Before I was paid for physics ideas, and software engineering ideas also.

My friends at Lucent are being asked lately to go be paid somewhere else. I see hard times for many people soon. If I fail in seeing what really happens, is no good. I write here how I understand what I see, and what I expect to happen soon.

This week ending tomorrow, is historic. Nobel prizes were announced, the Mexican peso lost a few points in value, the stocks all over the world lost some points, the environment continued to be damaged, and the Earth to get warmer.

All these events are not new, maybe not always happen at the same time, but they are well known. My concern is that the coincidence may not be accidental. We do bad things, and bad things have bad consequences. In and on itself this bad week is not the problem, the problem is what we have been doing to the Earth for so many thousands of years now.

My hypothesis, is that Professor James Henson, and James Lovelock are right. We passed some thresholds, in this non-linear world we live in. Tighten your belts.

Welcome to the Warm World.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews