Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Rubén Uriza Cerda (1949-2008)

My cousin Rubén Uriza died last Friday.

I was with his family Saturday night, remembering him. We used to spend a lot of time together when we were children, I stopped seeing him when I was twenty, our lives went in different directions; he was a sportsman, and I was a university professor.

I miss him, he was a noble man, a great horse rider, with multiple recognitions for his skill, and dedication. He leaves a family, a wife, a son and a daughter; and all of us that remember him now.

I feel a sense of duty, to keep the good work that our family is known for.

Rest in peace, Rubén Uriza Jr.

Now (1/26/2012) I found him online [link]

4 comments:

Sergio Sanchez said...

It was a dark time in my life, a lot of financial problems, difficult choices. I learned from him about not giving up, if you fall you have to ride again, keep your eyes in the next obstacle, your chest out, and your heels down.

Lily said...

Hi Sergio, if you read my comment please let me know by sending me an e-mail at leuriza@yahoo.com. I believe we are relatives. Ruben Uriza was the cousin of my grandfather. I hope to hear from you soon.

Lily said...

Hi Sergio, if you read my comment please let me know by sending me an e-mail at leuriza@yahoo.com. I believe we are relatives. Ruben Uriza was the cousin of my grandfather. I hope to hear from you soon.

Eduardo Cantoral said...

I am sorry:
I have the bad habit of not checking comments.
If Sergio comes around, I'll like to chat about "El Gordo", my beloved cousin.

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews