Monday, January 19, 2009

Crossroads

Tomorrow, after Martin Luther King (MLK)Jr.'s holiday we'll have a new President of the United States of America.

MLK had a vision; he told us he saw the Promised Land, and was happy to die with that assurance from God's will. Today I read the dire state of the World today. Many times in my life I've felt like the Prophet is Coming, or something like that.

I do not want to read these lines a few years down the road thinking how naive I was in January 20, 2009.

To the best of my knowledge I can write this:

There will be more fights like in Gaza, not because of some "God Given Right to Land"; but because all of us will need land, and there is not much left to give.

There will be more suffering because American companies are letting people go. Google just announced one hundred LESS positions in this company which was a bright spot of the new technology sector.

There will be more tight credit, because at this point, people with money seem to be afraid to let it go.

There will be less research and development, because it is profits that drive these investments.

There will be more money spent on private guards (i.e. mercenaries), because people with money fear being kidnapped.

There will be more hope, because as long as there is life there is hope.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews