Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lawyers, Latino or Otherwise

I have a Latino Lawyer cousin, that doesn't know he is one.

He is one of my smartest cousins. Last I saw him, he said he was making a good living in his chosen career.

My brother is very smart also and he is a medical doctor.

Why doesn't my cousin know he is a Latino Lawyer, and why do I bring my brother into this note?

He lives in Mexico, and here all of us are Latinos, it wouldn't make any sense in calling us that, anymore than calling ourselves Mexicans. Almost all of us are Mexicans.

What about my brother? I am thinking of Judge Sotomayor and her brother. In the US, they are Puerto Rican American professionals. I understnad why, they are viewed as such, I am not being disingenuous about this fact.

My point here is that I don't like Judge Sotomayor denying that she said what she said. White Lawyer Graham, from South Carolina; was very insistent in forcing her to accept that she said, what she said.

This went on for almost all his alloted thirty minutes of questioning.

I am sorry, I like my cousin, my brother, and Physics much better.

I remember certain Lawyer from Arkansas, emphatically stating: I did not have sex with that woman.

I guess in his precise lawyer's mind a BJ is not sex. Whatever.

I definitely won't be considered for the Highest Court in the US, after all thise things I've written, that are in the public record.

Let the chips fall, where they may.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews