Friday, July 10, 2009

UCSB in Need

I never thought I was going to get an email like the one below. When I was in California the wealth overwhelmed me. A young Mexico City man, in awe with all that beauty and wellbeing. Everybody welcomed me with a broad smile as if they had known me forever, I felt I was in paradise.

I had friends that went to the other superpower of the XX century, the USSR. Their dream schools went down the drain before mine did. This is not right.

I can remember the meanness of Proposition Thirteenth spearheaded by Ronald Reagan. That is why I never liked him. I felt that without property taxes, there was no way, that apogee of human evolution was going to last.

Reckoning time has come. Wherever you are Ronald Reagan: Shame on You!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews