Sunday, December 13, 2009

Dark Matter?

"I will present new results from the recent blind analysis of 612 kg-days of raw exposure using the CDMS germanium detectors at Soudan. CDMS uses ionization and athermal phonon signals to discriminate between candidate (nuclear recoil) and background (electron recoil) events in Ge crystals cooled to ~ 50 mK. Timing, yield, and position information allows us to tune our expected background leakage into the signal region to less than one event. I will report on what we saw when we “opened the box”, whether we have seen WIMPs or not, and implications for future dark matter direct detection experiments."

Prisca Cushman

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't find this paper anywhere.

Unknown said...

Okay, I found out what this is about, or not about, or... we'll have to wait until the 18th, but apparently there is not going to be a paper, so the speculation is that they are merely going to further constrain the limits.

Eduardo Cantoral said...

I'm sorry. I picked it up from the rumor mill of "Cosmic Variance"

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/

I follow them, is on my side bar. I should've put the link.

Sorry.

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews