Tuesday, June 29, 2010

End of Term

Here in Chilpancingo we are evaluating students now. If you read Spanish you can go to the class webpage.

The students that turned in their work passed, not all with the highest grades though. I judged their ability to use new tools to express what they already know, how to write in Spanish. I can see if they are able to write in book format using [;\LaTeX;] a pdf document. I checked also that they can keep a blog. These are two skills they did not have, or just a little. I also graded them on how well they express themselves. I did not led a writing class though, I decided to teach them new tools, and grade also what they supposedly  already knew.

I used the opportunity to invite them to a life of self learning, to learn how to learn.

Tomorrow all of them will have their grade.

Are they happy with me?

I have only received good student evaluations, mostly they didn't grade me.

When is a student able to acknowledge that the effort forced on them was good? I think when they become teenagers,  therefore before that age they should be kept interested in knowledge rather than allow them to build negative feelings towards knowledge.

In any case one should not be suffering while learning.

In Texas they are having a ruckus on higher education funding. You can read Stanley Fish take on it here. 

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews