Friday, February 18, 2011

Beautiful Coral is Asleep

I am in the home where my mother grew up. Garcia Marquez wrote sometime ago, that the happiest people were the ones that died in the same house they were born. My experience today is as close as I have been to that state of bliss. I don't mean to say that I am going to die anytime soon, I hope not, all I am saying is that the acceptance I've gotten from my family in Huitzuco, is very heart warming.

I came from my class in the university last night; a student drove me all the way here, it was a half an hour pleasant drive. I was surprised that at that time the three little ones living in this house were up playing, today there is some kind of Institute day at school, no classes. I joined their games, hide and seek, hot potato, and who knows what else. Now my little grandniece is peacefully sleeping. I didn't know I had this family away from my family in Warrenville.

My mother was a little girl just like Coral, pampered by doting parents like she is, living in this same house.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews