Friday, July 08, 2011

1979

That was the year I came back to Mexico from California. I was thirty, married, and stuck in my dissertation problem. Héctor Moreno, then Department Head in my Alma Mater, the Physics Department, told me that he couldn't help, they only hired PhDs, not PhD candidates. Now he has left Mexico, he is no longer at CINVESTAV.  Then I went to the school next door. Escuela de Ciencias Físico Matemáticas, from the same National Polytechnic Institute. Alfonso Queijeiro Fontana, didn't tell me yes or no. Finally my friend Miguel Ángel Soriano Jiménez, hired me in Puebla.

None of those people amount to much in the competitive world of Theoretical Physics nowadays.

I do not believe in a Final Theory of Everything anymore. Whatever time I have left, I'll use it, to pursue the Phenomenological View of Reality. It is possible to match Mathematics and Experimental Data. We are good at that and getting better.

As somebody said: two steps back, one step ahead.

There.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews