Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Coincidence?

Reading professor Critchley piece on Philip K. Dick, I find out that 2-3-74 was very important in this philosopher's life. During February and March of 1974, Dick had a revelation.

I did also!

I was in Santa Barbara thinking about my research career, I had taken communication classes in Mexico, and I had felt that Information was a very important element of reality, a Category of Physics, I thought. I even wrote in a book I was reading a margin note to myself, to that effect. I knew about Wiener's Cybernetics, and Control Theory. I also learned from professor Douglas Scalapino, that Statistical Mechanics could be derived from Information Theory.

What did Dick, and I, grasped in 1974 on the Nature of Information?

He read his Philosophy Dictionary, and the Britannica. I go online often.

Nothing to report yet.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews