Thursday, June 07, 2007

Science for the New Millenium

I am a scientist. The Universe makes sense to me more than it did thirty years ago. I am interested in politics, but my judgment in that area has not been good. I thought that neo-liberal policies were good for poor countries, I did not expect the collapse of those ideas as we are witnessing now in Mexico and South America. Instead of Mexico being more competitive due to the North American Free Trade Agreement, now China has more of the market planned for Mexico than Mexico does. Nevertheless I feel more satisfied with my understanding of the physical Universe now than I was in 1977.

Now I see that climate change is likely due to human intervention. I saw the rivers of Mexico turned into sewage channels. I see the importance and the uniqueness of the human history for the future evolution of the Earth. I hope I can act on this knowledge and do my part in saving the Earth.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews