Sunday, October 05, 2008

Building Malls and Houses?

To tell you the truth the year I lost my job at Lucent, I did not like what I saw. Instead of pouring in money to beat the rest of the world in building the next Internet; all I saw was more malls. Who ordered that ? I thought. The simple answer I gave myself, is that  investors were clueless, just following dad's advice. Now we have this mortgage crisis.

I am afraid I was right.

White men with cash and no imagination. If it turns out differently, I'll be happy, my family lives in the States, but I have the odd feeling that I was right.

The Chinese did invest in the new Internet. As opposed to the fifties, we should say now: the Chinese are coming, instead of the Russians are coming. And  you know what? They want back the money they loaned us.

So it goes.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews