Friday, February 27, 2009

Does Obama Reassure Me?

"The economy is spiraling down at an accelerating pace, threatening to undermine the Obama administration’s spending plans, which anticipate vigorous rates of growth in years to come."


"The fortunes of the American economy have grown so alarming and the pace of the decline so swift that economists are now straining to describe where events are headed, dusting off a word that has not been invoked since the 1940s: depression."


Taken from the NYT (below). 
I have to make my mind, as Joe Strummer asked many years ago: Should I stay or should I go?(above)  Somehow I feel that even if the US goes down, I'll be better off there than here. The Army took Ciudad Juárez this week (below), for goodness sake!


I'll keep you, literally, posted.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews