Friday, September 17, 2010

Miguel E. Schultz 52

Miguel E. Schultz was a high school teacher in Mexico City.

Now there is a street behind the one I had lived at most of my life with that name. This morning I woke up to watch the news; they reported that a chunk of a building fell there. They interviewed a woman on a wheel chair, she was explaining how at dawn they heard noices, a younger woman went to check and saw a wall falling!

Hey man, this is next block!

I just went to check myself. There are three apartment buildings, Miguel E. Schultz numbers 48, 50, and 52.

The police were already there, with their crowd control tools. During the time I was there a man from next building came to talk with the people in charge. If we start the machines, they will move the ground, he said!

Before the man from next door came, I was wondering why that particular part of the structure was the one that gave in. The north part of the building is next door, I kid you not,   where I sat when I was in kindergarten close to sixty years ago!

Now I know, and I came fast to write it here, because the machines belong to a very powerful and reactionary paper. El Sol de Mexico.

The Mexican Sun; they should pay, for at least fifty years they have been moving that building around, until at dawn today it fell apart!

El Sol de Mexico should pay.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews