Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Politicians Responsibility

Here in Chilpancingo, the State capital of Guerrero in Mexico, people in power taking decisions are ignorant of the environmental consequences of their acts. As much as I can ascertain, their thinking goes something like this. Mh, nobody claims that hill, with the right permit and capital I can start a settlement there. How much is there for me? If the answer is a lot, then I run for office.

In Warrenville, Illinois the situation is not that much different. Some people like Maury Goodman from Fermilab and Argonne, National Labs, runs for city council because scientists have to have a good neighborly relationship with the city, just outside Fermilab. I feel though, that some characters are there, to see how much money can go their way to ``develop'' the area.

Not all politicians are created equal.

The thing is, I believe we are running out of time for business as usual.

Will politicians be responsible to face what I think is a life threat to all humanity?

I don't think so.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews