Sunday, October 24, 2010

Downtown Chilpancingo

I have with me a copy of today's Proceso. You can read a worrisome article on the afghanistanization of Mexico in Spanish here.

I have been reading the news since I was thirteen or so. You can call me a news junkie. These things affect me. I've read enough end of the world scenarios so, I believe, I take them with a grain of salt. Nevertheless this particular piece touches my deepest worries.

The author, believes the US may feel like invading, just like in Afghanistan; my son has dual citizenship, in principle he could be called by either party. Not a nice thought.

My modem at school broke, so I haven't been writing and keeping my inbox clean, which is bad since lately I haven't been doing that even with a good Internet connection.

May you live in interesting times was a popular piece I wrote here.

The Autonomous University of Guerrero Rector, recently told the news that he may not have money for bonuses. At this moment I am worried if  he has enough money for now. Workers announced a day long work stoppage for tomorrow. I already told my students we may have to meet in one of this Ciber Cafés, downtown. Music is blaring behind me right now: Kids!

I should leave. I need a job in the US.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews